Tulpehocken Area School District, Bernville PA
Five-year computer network growth plan and implementation.
Tulpehocken Area School District was in need of a long-range computer and infrastructure plan as well as a significant network upgrade and expansion to service the rapidly growing student and faculty computing needs. JLR Consulting worked with the community, faculty and school board to design, justify and budget a five-year computer network growth plan, including the addition of technology support personnel for the district.
Previously, we worked with Tulpehocken Area School District to expand their network and implement the necessary hardware and carrier services to network all of the district's buildings and provide computer and Internet access to all of its students.
- Creation and implementation of a five-year network growth plan.
- Managed the purchase and implementation of the hardware and software to migrate the district from a Novell to Microsoft Server platform, and from GroupWise to Exchange e-mail.
- All obsolete PCs were replaced and over 300 new workstations were deployed.
- Internet filtering, anti-virus, and firewall services were implemented or upgraded as required to meet current district requirements.
- All business and education software was upgraded to current support levels.